I am familiar with the (often lengthy) documentation required when …
Please bring your passport with you and another document, perhaps a letter, linking you to your UK address.
This information will enable me to be satisfied of your identity and to attest that you have appeared before me, signed a document in front of me.
It is difficult to estimate in some cases how much time will be required to complete a matter, bearing in mind the variety of circumstances that may arise. However, guidance as to likely costs will be given on receipt of instructions and sight of documents. Any estimates given will be based on the information available at the time and, although given in good faith, will not be binding.
Payment may be made by cash or cheque or invoiced by prior arrangement.
1. My notarial practice is regulated through the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury:
2. If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received please do not hesitate to contact me.
3. If I am unable to resolve the matter you may then complain to the Notaries Society of which I am a member, who have a Complaints Procedure which is approved by the Faculty Office. This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
4. In that case please write (but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to:-
The Secretary of The Notaries Society
PO Box 7655
Milton Keynes MK11 9NR
Tel: 01908 803527
If you have any difficulty in making a complaint in writing, please do not hesitate to call the Notaries Society/the Faculty Office for assistance.
5. Finally, even if you have your complaint considered under the Notaries Society Approved Complaints Procedure, you may at the end of that procedure, or after a period of six months from the date you first notified me that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman*, if you are not happy with the result:
6. If you decide to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman you must refer your matter to the Legal Ombudsman within:-
The act or omission, or when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint, must have been after 5th October 2010.
*certain kinds of commercial entities are not eligible to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman
– please refer to the Legal Ombudsman Scheme Rules or consult the Faculty Office.
My professional indemnity insurance is in the sum of £3,000,000 (Three million pounds).